Monday, January 31, 2011

New Project :)

With a new baby on the way I am extra determined to insure that we stay financially stable enough for me to continue staying home with my sweet children but also continue to save money for our future :) So to help achieve this I am going to start looking for hidden ways to cut spending and increase savings!
We long ago cut out all the extras that we had like cable and cell phones and gym passes. Now we are pretty much down to the bare basics but now I am going to see if I can cut my grocery budget from 75 bucks a week to 50! I want to achieve that while still making healthy and delicious meals for my family. I also want to potty train Maveryk so we can stop buying diapers, plan to cloth diaper the baby to come, get David to kick his Pepsi habit (or cut it in half at least :)), I am going to attempt to make some of the kids clothes for spring and summer at least jammi pants and spring dresses for Tukker (and maybe for myself :) and anything else I can think of!
I am going to start with the grocery budget today! I got set up following a website my mama refereed me to called $5 dinners.com and I found a lot of great Ideas on there so I have made a meal plan and grocery list and tomorrow Smiths HERE I COME!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Can't wait to see you work your magic! :)

Christy said...

Nice, Heather! It does me good to hear/read your budget-minded plans. Gets me thinking about what we can do differently.

Listen to hbubels Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones